Moving to Dana Point
What You Need to Know Before Moving to Dana Point
Located in Orange County, California, Dana Point is a hidden gem that offers a laid-back beach lifestyle combined with upscale amenities. With a population of just over 33,000, this coastal city offers residents a tight-knit community feel, stunning ocean views, and a range of outdoor activities.
If you’re considering moving to Dana Point, here’s everything you need to know.
The Neighborhoods of Dana Point
Dana Point is divided into several distinct neighborhoods, each with its own unique vibe. Some of the most popular neighborhoods include:
- Lantern Village: This neighborhood is located in the heart of Dana Point and offers easy access to the harbor, shops, and restaurants. It’s a popular spot for young professionals and families.
- Monarch Beach: This upscale neighborhood is home to the luxurious Monarch Beach Resort, as well as a range of high-end homes and condos. It’s a popular spot for retirees and those looking for a more exclusive lifestyle.
- Capistrano Beach: Located just south of Dana Point, Capistrano Beach offers residents a quieter, more laid-back lifestyle. It’s a popular spot for families and surfers.
Things to Do in Dana Point
Dana Point is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you enjoy hiking, surfing, or simply soaking up the sun, there’s something for everyone. Some of the most popular activities include:
- Whale watching: Dana Point is known as the “Whale Capital of the West” and offers residents the chance to see humpback whales, blue whales, and more up close.
- Beaches: With several beautiful beaches to choose from, including Salt Creek Beach and Doheny State Beach, residents can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, and surfing.
- Parks and Trails: The city is home to several parks and trails, including the Dana Point Headlands Conservation Area and the Salt Creek Trail, which offer stunning views of the coastline.
- Dining and Shopping: Dana Point is home to several delicious restaurants and upscale shops, including the Ocean Institute and the Harbor.
The Cost of Living in Dana Point
Dana Point is an affluent city, and the cost of living reflects that. The median home price in Dana Point is around $1.2 million, and the cost of living is 58% higher than the national average. However, many residents feel that the high cost of living is worth it for the incredible quality of life that Dana Point offers.
Are you planning on moving to Dana Point?
If you’re looking for a laid-back beach lifestyle combined with upscale amenities, Dana Point might just be the perfect place for you. With stunning ocean views, a range of outdoor activities, and a tight-knit community feel, it’s no wonder that so many people are flocking to this coastal paradise. So what are you waiting for? Come and explore all that Dana Point has to offer.
Contact an agent today if you plan on moving to Dana Point. We are Dana Point local home and condo experts, for help navigating the current market conditions. Call our office now at (949) 649-4902 to take your next steps!